Christian Ethos and Values
Trinity Academy St Peter’s is a caring Christian community. We do what is right for each and every student to secure transformational outcomes for all. We ensure that young people in our care flourish and live life to the fullest. We welcome students of all faiths and none, and everything we do is built upon our academy vision.
As a community, our Christian vision is important to us – we are ‘Proud to be Growing and Succeeding Together’ – and it filters through everything that we do in our everyday practice. The vision is exemplified by the Parable of the Mustard Seed:
‘The Kingdom of heaven is like this. A man takes a mustard seed and sows it in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it grows up, it is the biggest of all plants. It becomes a tree, so that birds come and make their nests in its branches.’
Even the smallest of seeds can make a difference: children, staff, families, members of our community are on a continual journey of growth. This vision sets out the strategic direction of the school to develop a sense of belief for all God’s children.
In order to flourish, we understand our collective responsibility to help each other succeed and celebrate our achievements.
Empathy – that we may have compassion for others and sensitive to their feelings.
Honesty – that we may tell the truth, do the right thing, and be trusted by other people.
Respect – for ourselves, for others and for the world, that we may treat people equally and earn respect from them.
Responsibility – that we may make the right choices, do all things to the best of our abilities and succeed in our goals and ambitions.
These are the distinctive Christian values that underpin all that we do at Trinity Academy St Peter’s.
We are proud of the way that these values are practised and understood at Trinity Academy St Peter’s and we expect all members of our school community to respect and apply these values in and around school.
At Trinity Academy St Peter’s, we are committed to:
- Developing a high level of achievement in all areas of school life so all pupils can reach their full potential.
- Providing a lively challenging Christian environment where every child feels happy, confident and ready to learn.
- Promoting clear guidelines for behaviour and attitude.
- Empowering pupils to be actively involved in the organisation and decision making of the school.
- Inclusion where pupils are provided with opportunities appropriate to their abilities.
- Providing a broad, balanced and creative curriculum through effective teaching and a thematic approach to creative learning opportunities.
- Developing respect and concern for all people, their cultures and the environment
- Everyone having high expectations.
- Rigorous monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of school life to fuel school improvement.
- Creating a school as a Christian place of learning and employment where equality of opportunity is important for everyone.
- Developing effective relationships and links between pupils, staff, parents, governors, the Church and the wider community.
- Keeping parents/carers informed about the achievements and progress of their children and involving them in the life of the school.
This ethos links in with our MAT core values of Empathy, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility that run through all aspects of academy life. They are values that will support students throughout life and our celebration of the importance of these on a daily basis is what makes Trinity Multi-Academy Trust schools unique.
Our school prayer has been written by our school council to bring together our school vision and values.
Thank you for everyone that is part of our school.
Inspire us to believe that we can achieve anything, to strive for excellence and to stand proud.
The Department for Education has introduced a statutory duty for schools to promote British Values more actively from September 2014, and to ensure they are taught in schools.
Trinity Academy St Peter’s is committed to serving its community. We recognise the multi-cultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. We follow equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status, or similar. We are dedicated to preparing our children for their adult life by ensuring that we promote and reinforce British values to all its students.
The five key British Values are:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
At Trinity Academy St Peter’s, we use a variety of strategies within the national curriculum and beyond to secure such outcomes for students. We want each of our children to be empathetic, honest, respectful of others and responsible.