Christian Ethos and Values
Trinity Academy St Peter’s is a caring Christian community. We do what is right for each and every student to secure transformational outcomes for all. We ensure that young people in our care flourish and live life to the fullest. We strive to develop individuals of strong moral character who can think for themselves; who have a love of lifelong learning, and who are responsible members of society. We welcome students of all faiths and none, and everything we do is built upon our academy vision for our students to: Believe you can, Strive for Excellence, Stand Proud.
‘Everything is possible for one who believes’ (Mark 9:23)
This is rooted in our four core Trust values of empathy, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Our distinctive Christian values are
These are the distinctive Christian values that underpin all that we do at Trinity Academy St Peter’s. As a school we focus particularly on one value each half term throughout the year. One or two of these values sometimes change, year by year, for slightly different ones in order to respond to the needs of our community.
We are proud of the way that these values are practiced and understood at Trinity Academy St Peter’s and we expect all members of our school community to respect and apply these values in and around school.
At Trinity Academy St Peter’s, we are committed to:
- Developing a high level of achievement in all areas of school life so all pupils can reach their full potential.
- Providing a lively challenging Christian environment where every child feels happy, confident and ready to learn.
- Promoting clear guidelines for behaviour and attitude.
- Empowering pupils to be actively involved in the organisation and decision making of the school.
- Inclusion where pupils are provided with opportunities appropriate to their abilities.
- Providing a broad, balanced and creative curriculum through effective teaching and a thematic approach to creative learning opportunities.
- Developing respect and concern for all peoples, their cultures and the environment
- Everyone having high expectations.
- Rigorous monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of school life to fuel school improvement.
- Creating a school as a Christian place of learning and employment where equality of opportunity is important for everyone.
- Developing effective relationships and links between pupils, staff, parents, governors, the Church and the wider community.
- Keeping parents/carers informed about the achievements and progress of their children and involving them in the life of the school.
This ethos links in with our MAT core values of Empathy, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility that run through all aspects of academy life. They are values that will support students throughout life and our celebration of the importance of these on a daily basis is what makes Trinity Multi-Academy Trust schools unique.
Our school prayer has been written by our school council to bring together our school vision and values.
Thank you for everyone that is part of our school.
Inspire us to believe that we can achieve anything, to strive for excellence and to stand proud.